In a recent Fifth Judicial District decision, a thirty-five-year-old retired dairy farmer was awarded a confidential settlement amount for medical bills and lost wages. He suffered injuries when he attempted to light a boiler which, only the day before, had been reconnected to a propane tank. The allegations were that the coupling unit had been improperly installed from the tank to the boiler unit and that the tank had not been adequately checked for leaks and was improperly filled and not in compliance with State and Federal standards. As a result of propane leaking into the lower level of the basement where the boiler was located, when plaintiff tried to light the boiler there was an explosion causing burns and other injuries. Attorneys for the Plaintiff included William Simpson and Kerry Jardine.
Comments are closed.